Games Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday 11th March

+2
ace_skoot
Sim
6 posters

Go down

Sunday 11th March Empty Sunday 11th March

Post  Sim Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:40 am

Time: 10am onwards
Place: mine and jos house
Games: Last night on earth, WoD and others

Last edited by Sim on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sim
Sim
Admin

https://gamesnight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Sunday 11th March Empty Re: Sunday 11th March

Post  ace_skoot Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:03 pm

epic, can't wait. Really glad i'm getting to see all you guys more regularly game night is truly the best XD

last night on earth? is that zombies or something?
ace_skoot
ace_skoot

Back to top Go down

Post  ric_777 Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:50 pm

great stuff! Il b there Smile games day/night is truely awsome Smile
ric_777
ric_777

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrax Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm off Sunday so i will be there from the start Smile I have mtg cards my psp and a few WoD mini quests and alternate WoD stuff like modern day ect ready if wanted.
Tyrax
Tyrax

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Not sure if I can make this one Sad I'll let you know on saturday.
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:05 pm

I really REALLY want to play modern WoD as it was originally designed, so that would be awesome to get a modern day chronicle going from scratch, so our characters can have some sort of encounter that makes them aware of the darkness, then over time they find out about hunters, vampires, warewolves, magic etc, and the character may willingly or unwillingly transform into one of them. That would be beyond awesome, and make magic have the drawbacks its supposed to have with vulgar casting, paradox's and having to be a lot more covert due to having to be aware of sleepers watching, and trying to not get the attention of the seers or guardians of the veil, as well as trying to research the occult, supernal realms and all levels of astral realms.

Id probably wet myself with excitement if I was inadvertantly awakened by a grimoire or someone from the free council.

It would be a lot easier we weave in odd, scarier and more believeable characters as unusual characters in WoDnD such as lizard men, vampires, warewolves and mages just come accross as normal everyday occurances or 'just another npc' due to its fantasy setting.

Last edited by Sim on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MatWithOneT Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:11 pm

No me I am afraied, if i can get there for the evening I will but will text you if i cant.
MatWithOneT
MatWithOneT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrax Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Sim wrote:I really REALLY want to play modern WoD as it was originally designed, so that would be awesome to get a modern day chronicle going from scratch, so our characters can have some sort of encounter that makes them aware of the darkness, then over time they find out about hunters, vampires, warewolves, magic etc, and the character may willingly or unwillingly transform into one of them. That would be beyond awesome, and make magic have the drawbacks its supposed to have with vulgar casting, paradox's and having to be a lot more covert due to having to be aware of sleepers watching, and trying to not get the attention of the seers or guardians of the veil, as well as trying to research the occult, supernal realms and all levels of astral realms.

Id probably wet myself with excitement if I was inadvertantly awakened by a grimoire or someone from the free council.

It would be a lot easier we weave in odd, scarier and more believeable characters as unusual characters in WoDnD such as lizard men, vampires, warewolves and mages just come accross as normal everyday occurances or 'just another npc' due to its fantasy setting.

Yeh I keep forgetting about paradoxes XD but its probably because magic happens in DnD , I would like to start the WoD setting I played a while back that me and my bro created ( the section off bit of Britain ) but it would be more survival horror ( I have a few ways that it could progress to all of Britain / the world so that we end up with pure WoD secrecy of the masquerade sleeper issues etc etc ) the advantage of this is that it opens the way for other GMS to do their SAS or hunter chronicles easily with much less setup needed (all I would need to tell them is why the area is sealed off , no extra story info needed Very Happy ) anyway , up to the peeps at the table as usual Very Happy
Tyrax
Tyrax

Back to top Go down

Post  ric_777 Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:06 am

MY GOD mike ur there all day SWEEET! i dont mind woding Very Happy dalalmon is looking for some tasty exp if any aide quests available but moderen wod sounds great just everything sounds awsome Very Happy I really dont ind what we do il enjoy making up new char now i got the sheet at some point i would liek to davil in mage type stuff ive got some side quest on the go in my mind atm all the idffrent types ive thought of but ive made up some d and d wod mini quests Razz so i really dont mind i just really enjoy the experiance and seein "The guys" every week haha NERD OUT!
ric_777
ric_777

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:15 am

Tyrax wrote:Yeh I keep forgetting about paradoxes XD but its probably because magic happens in DnD , I would like to start the WoD setting I played a while back that me and my bro created ( the section off bit of Britain ) but it would be more survival horror ( I have a few ways that it could progress to all of Britain / the world so that we end up with pure WoD secrecy of the masquerade sleeper issues etc etc ) the advantage of this is that it opens the way for other GMS to do their SAS or hunter chronicles easily with much less setup needed (all I would need to tell them is why the area is sealed off , no extra story info needed Very Happy ) anyway , up to the peeps at the table as usual Very Happy

Technically my gnosis isnt high enough to cause paradoxes providing I cast with a magical item, which I often forget to specify, but 1 more gnosis dot and my vulgar casting may break the universe. I'm hoping my new books will bring me other methods of suppressing them (I have found 1 already, but I'm not skilled enough to use it). I agree with the D&D magic happens statement, which is another problem with WoDnD.

Still very much enjoying it all the same!
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrax Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Well I have both my DnD books now so I have 4th ed player and gm handbook so if needed we can convert our Chars to DnD for high magic fantasy gaming (or just make new ones if people wish to try full DnD ) though real DnD needs a fair bit of prep before a game to make sure enemies are at a suitable lvl .
Tyrax
Tyrax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:42 pm

I actually really like the WoD rules so id much rather carry on using those. I discovered another rule about paradoxes to do with magic in front of sleepers that balances out the game and makes it harder to use magic, so if I make sure i remember and understand those rules it should sort out my previous qualms and make my character harder to play - which is what I was looking for, so its all good
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ace_skoot Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 am

also if you have read cerise's back-story, if you with in a certain distance off her, any magic should have a greater chance of causing paradoxes, even more reason to hate her lol
ace_skoot
ace_skoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrax Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:37 am

I read her back story but I saw her effect differently than that. I will have to talk to you about her to make sure my ideas of what happens is in synch with yours. ( I don't want to mention much about your back story incase the others havnt read it.)
Tyrax
Tyrax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:02 am

ace_skoot wrote:also if you have read cerise's back-story, if you with in a certain distance off her, any magic should have a greater chance of causing paradoxes, even more reason to hate her lol

All the more reason to fire magic directly at her!
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ace_skoot Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Sim wrote:All the more reason to fire magic directly at her!

That could be dangerous to do lol dangerous for everyone.

It makes alot of sense, though I doubt it was intended that way all the "Human" characters tend to intaract and sort of like cerise and the magical/spiritual characters don't like or have made no effort to know her, which works perfectly with the written back story, they should dislike her even if they don't know why exactly Smile
ace_skoot
ace_skoot

Back to top Go down

Post  ace_skoot Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:43 pm

oh BTW my phone is out of commission so if anyone wants me, fb, email or post here :p
ace_skoot
ace_skoot

Back to top Go down

Post  MatWithOneT Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:51 am

Echo is no where to be seen but a note is left says "I will return soon" curiously so are some tasty pies...

Translation: I wont be able to make it tomorow.
MatWithOneT
MatWithOneT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:52 am

Well, at least we got pies!
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ric_777 Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:35 am

frankley \ just think there is sexual tention between your char's, just sayin...
ric_777
ric_777

Back to top Go down

Post  ric_777 Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 am

Dalamon enjoys pies!
ric_777
ric_777

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:37 am

ric_777 wrote:frankley \ just think there is sexual tention between your char's, just sayin...

All the more reason to fire magic directly at you!
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ace_skoot Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Oh can someone text Tom please!, he doesn't keep up with the interwebs and my phone is out of commission, just a general reminder gamesnight is today from 10 etc.
ace_skoot
ace_skoot

Back to top Go down

Post  ric_777 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:20 am

Just want ot sat how epic it was today Smile ryan ur story was fked up lol but realyl good introduction on what to expect form advanced deamons etc It makes you feel way more mortal when you faced with a situration you can not do anything about. Dalamon luckey had the sence to know his enermy soo nas his fisrt attacks failed so badly and knew what the strngth distance was between them but felt he done all he could do to help. SHEEP! it amuses me of Salaloths new found like for our fluffy friends haha! I think every one played really well and to charter, also I thougt with things like peopel getitng infor gained form the old man and the shop keeper (Mainly myself!) was funny because quite frankly Dalamon may bwell habe not been paying that much attention so I think unless its really stupid things liek that should happen so if you dont renmber or ignore or get wrong some information then thats what your char did Razz again well done everyone!
ric_777
ric_777

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down