Games Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating a Legacy

3 posters

Go down

Creating a Legacy Empty Creating a Legacy

Post  Versago Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:11 pm

I've been trying to pick out a suitable legacy for my mage character without luck. So instead I've decided to create one as per the guidelines in the Mage the Awakening book. Let me know if the 1st attainment is too broken.

Legacy of the Silent Swordsmen

Swordsmen who have awakened as mages but continue to follow the way of the sword.

Since they prefer to fight at close range, they only use magic in combat to enhance their abilities.

They excel in Time magic which allows them to close distances in the blink of an eye and strike with absolute precision. They also suppliment this speed with the Matter arcana which allows them to manipulate the strength of their blade.

1st Attainment:
Gnosis 3, Time 2, Matter 1, Weaponry 4

Suspend strike:
When you make an attack roll you can pay 1 mana. If the attack hits, no damage is inflicted. The next action you perform must be another attack on the same opponent to gain this effect. Add the number of dice from your previous attack roll to this attack.
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Creating a Legacy Empty Re: Creating a Legacy

Post  ace_skoot Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:09 am

also your uneffected by spell cards :p
ace_skoot
ace_skoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:28 am

Lol that'll be my 3rd attainment!
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:36 am

Seems reasonable to me! Which chronicle are you planning to slot this guy into?
Sim
Sim
Admin

https://gamesnight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:39 am

Not sure yet. He's on standby for the moment.
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:55 am

FYI Ryan, I've done a bit more work on my swordsman after the other night and I realised that all of my rotes are Adamantine arrow ones. So I've changed his order to Adamantine arrow as it doesn't make sense to have him as a Guardian of the veil! Would this affect how or characters interacted?
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:15 am

Erm, it depends really. If you wanted to show off your magic to non-magic users, share your secrets and/or train others/bring about conditions to awaken others, then I'd have a pretty major problem with that. Other than that I wouldn't have an issue... Unless I thought you were just showing off, in which case I may have something to say.

As far as I know there arn't any major problems between the two orders, they just have different priorities. Adamantine arrow tend to like using blatent combat magic in combat situations (that they often go out looking for), whereas guardians of the veil would rather use covert magic and want to stop magic being witnessed or used by anyone who hasn't already got access.
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:52 pm

I see, well as you know the only reason my swordsman doesn't use magic often is because he will only use it on foes that are supernatural or can use magic themselves since he believes in a fair fight.

He will still use magic outside of battle without issue so we may have some conflict there :p Alao I have no problem with teaching magic to others provided they prove themselves as trustworthty and strong.
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:10 am

Glad your not free council, then it would be a whole different kettle of fish!
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum