Games Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iaido - Uke Nagashi

2 posters

Go down

Iaido - Uke Nagashi Empty Iaido - Uke Nagashi

Post  Versago Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Ok i'm a little confused about the Iaido 5 dot ability on pg.76 of the Armoury Reloaded book, it states:

If the character’s weapon is sheathed, he can declare a Dodge action at any point during a turn, assuming he has not yet acted. His Defense is doubled as usual, though he may not utilize Weaponry Dodge or TachiSabaki against attacks. However, the character can choose any opponent who is making an attack against him to perform a counter attack against. In a single swift motion, the character draws his blade, parries his enemy’s blow, and attacks his opponent. The character’s Weaponry Dodge (if he possesses it) and TachiSabaki maneuver apply against the opponent’s attack (and only against this opponent).

This seems contradictory to me, can anyone help?

FYI here is the effect of TachiSabaki:

The character adds his weapon bonus (the weapon’s damage rating) to his Dodge value when taking a fully defensive action. A character may benefit from this Merit while utilizing the Weaponry Dodge Merit (though not the Brawling Dodge Merit). Drawback: The character only benefits from this Merit when taking a full Dodge action. Kan Ken
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Iaido - Uke Nagashi Empty Re: Iaido - Uke Nagashi

Post  Tyrax Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 pm

You basically double your defence by dodging and you add your weapon bonus to it (+ wep dodge if you have it) in otherwords it subtracts more dice from their attack than a normal dodge would. And yes on further reading of it it does seem contradictory. I think we all need to pool ideas to change this so it makes sense.
Tyrax
Tyrax

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm of the opinion that because it's a 5 dot ability you should be allowed to add weapon dodge and Tachi Sabaki to it otherwise there is no point to Tachi Sabaki as it is basically made redundant when you get Uke Nagashi.

I'd like to know if anyone else agrees/disagrees?
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrax Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:54 pm

Versago wrote:I'm of the opinion that because it's a 5 dot ability you should be allowed to add weapon dodge and Tachi Sabaki to it otherwise there is no point to Tachi Sabaki as it is basically made redundant when you get Uke Nagashi.

I'd like to know if anyone else agrees/disagrees?

The tachi sabaki maneuver is added to the 5 dot skill already (its where the weapon bonus comes from) basically it just allows you to use tachi and wep dodge all in one. Which means with a def of 3 you add your weaponry skill dots (5 for example) then add +3 for godly banana of doom! (Your wep modifier) so your defence for that turn is 11 thats what I see from the info I have.
Tyrax
Tyrax

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrax Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:17 am

After re reading the skill you are missing the attack (-1) as a reflexive action....meaning you still have a turn even though you countered the opponent .. basically giving you 11 defence against that attack (as above example) + you get to counter attack (-1 dice) and you still get your normal attack/ turn .

Breaking it down further you basically get a free attack with next to no chance of them hitting you + you still get your normal turn .... all for the cost of 1 willpower. Pretty much awesome sauce in a large squeezy bottle (not the cheap rattling ones) as the glass ones are not awesome enough for this. XD
Tyrax
Tyrax

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:34 am

Yeah that makes sense thanks. I can only use it when my weapon is sheathed and before I have had my turn. I assume that once i've used it my weapon is no longer sheathed and I have to wait until my turn to sheath it.
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrax Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:44 am

Yeh you would have to use a turn to sheath it
Tyrax
Tyrax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content