Games Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mana regen

2 posters

Go down

Mana regen Empty Mana regen

Post  Sim Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:18 am

Incase anyone is interested, here are all the rules I can find on mana regeneration:

Gain mass from a Hallow using an Oblation ritual or a specific Prime 3 spell. The ritual requires an hour of uninterrupted ceremony and a Gnosis + Composure roll. Each success provides one Mana. Mages cannot gain more Mana per day from the hallow than the Hallow’s associated merit rating.

Pattern scoring offers up mana. You can score one health box one day and one ability point another. The lethal damage incured cannot be protected against using magic, and I believe it can't be healed using magic either. It's known as 'resistive damage'.

Depending on the Hallow, you may get some Tass popping up here and there, especially if you don't harvest the mana daily.

Once a player is in a legacy, you get another once a day "Mana-Up" outside a Hallow.

Ritual sacrifice

Farming spirits essence and convert to mana via certain spells

Breaking down tass into mana using a certain prime 3 spell

Farming mana from other hallows the storyteller might add in

The 'mana per turn' on the mage character sheet is actually the limit of how much mana can be spent in a single turn, which is governed by gnosis, not mana generation per turn which was a mistake I made through the first few games, although this mistake didn't change the way things ended up.

Hope this helps mage wannabes! (And myself later on when I've forgotten all this)
Sim
Sim
Admin

https://gamesnight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Mana regen Empty Re: Mana regen

Post  Versago Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Wow, mana can be quite hard to get back, especially since my other character doesn't have a hallow Sad
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Also, how long does it take to recover from resistive damage? I can't find any info in the core book.
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:08 pm

The lethal damage heals by itself as normal lethal damage would. If you gain mana that way regularly, the storyteller well most likely dish out a deppresion derangement as its pretty much self harming.
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Versago Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Lol that's a fair point. I may have to get a hallow at some point seeing as i'm only gonna regen 1 per day.
Versago
Versago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sim Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Just realised the sanctum merit is a prerequisit for the hallow merit. I dont have that but do have hallow so looks like Ill be spending my last 2 xp when i get home to rectify that! The problem with the hallow and sanctum is that its a static location and we are a good 5 days away from where we started. Im going to have to elect a room in the top floor of the friendly arm inn to be my sanctum/hallow as it isnt too far away, and I effectively spent a week there studying that teleportation scroll while you lot were off on the giant wolf adventure. I hadnt even thought about where it would be up until last night.
Sim
Sim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum